Whiteboard Framework for WordPress
Powerful, clean, and well-noted code for efficient WordPress theme development
Whiteboard Framework has been helping WordPress developers cut back on their development time and improve their WordPress powered websites since 2008.
Whiteboard framework for WordPress was developed to speed up the development of WordPress themes. Whiteboard does so by eliminating the time spent on code common to all WordPress themes and includes non-intrusive code that improves the overall WordPress theme in many ways - including SEO, speed, usability, mobile support, and multi-lingual support.
Whiteboard is not like most other WordPress Frameworks out there. While most other WordPress Frameworks include a mess of styles, functions, and content areas that have to be cleaned out for nearly every project, Whiteboard remains a true WordPress Framework. Whiteboard includes only the core WordPress structure and does not get fancy with unnecessary functions. While Whiteboard does include Less Framework and a minimal theme, these can be easily removed with the exclusion of a line of HTML each.
Whiteboard is a true WordPress Framework.
Whiteboard Framework Features
- A completely Free and Open Source framework
- Reduces WordPress development time
- Multi-lingual compatible
- Built with Less Framework and CSS3 for an instant mobile website
- Comes with a minimalist design to build off of, but easy to remove to build from scratch
- Strong and flexible div structure
- Lightweight and well-noted code
- Strong Search Engine Optimization
- Compatible with WordPress 3.0 and up with fallbacks for older versions of WordPress
- More dynamic Classes and IDs than any other WordPress framework
- Supports many awesome WordPress features such as manageable menus, background, and header image as well as featured images, several widget areas, and more
- Follows the Web Accessibility Initiative
- HTML5 with graceful degradation
- CSS3 Animations with graceful degradation
- Follows WordPress' CSS Coding Standards
- Cross browser compatible
If you build sites using WordPress & don’t use the Whiteboard framework as a start, you’re working too hard.
I feel like I've looked at every framework, free and premium, & I just can't get over how straight forward and simple Whiteboard is. ... everything you need & nothing you don't; an incredible foundation.
Interested in having a quality WordPress website made? Do you have other design needs? Bold Perspective specializes in crafting beautifully functional WordPress websites and web-related services including identity design, illustration, mobile design, typography, and SEO.Go
Current version: Whiteboard Framework 3.2.1 - updated on September 13, 2012
Compatible with WordPress 3.4.2
Follow @wpLifeGuard for Whiteboard Framework Updates
Interested in translating the Whiteboard Framework into other languages? Contact us!Whiteboard on GitHub Download Whiteboard